Thursday 25 September 2014

Words that harm....

My 'baby' has now started "big boy school" - he looks all grown up in his uniform,  and despite my fears that education will ruin my beautiful,  kind,  considerate, loving son, he seems to be thriving.

However, a word has entered our vocabulary and I really don't like it.  This word puts a strain on our relationship, makes me feel that I've failed in some way,  and generally upsets me.... 

The word?

Hurry....

Since starting school we are in a hurry: 
not getting dressed quickly enough - "hurry up" 
not putting his shoes on quickly enough - "hurry up" 
not getting in the car quickly enough - "hurry up"
not walking down the path quickly enough - "hurry up" 

And before you tell me to set the alarm earlier, yes the alarm is early enough.  The pressure still remains, that we are now working to a strict timetable and cannot be late.  We are clock watching like never before.  We have no time to "stand and stare", but must be there.  And I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment